Mid-Cape’s Latest Enhancement to Our Weatherization Solutions
Since 1868, Benjamin Obdyke has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality wall and roof building solutions. Their roof material and wall system products enhance the building system to maximize the performance, durability, and value of a building’s outer structure. Click here to learn more about the story behind Benjamin Obdyke.
Featuring: Hydrogap/Hydrogap SA products, Homeslicker rainscreen, CedarBreather, and Hydroflash flashing tapes.
Build Better™ with HydroGap Drainable Housewrap by Benjamin Obdyke, elimiating excess moisture, and resisting mold and rot.
- One millimeter spacers allow it to drain one hundred times more bulk water than other housewraps, a consistent and efficient characteristic.
- HydroGap drains twice as quickly as standard housewraps.
- It can be installed in any direction and that won’t affect its drainability.
- Does not require seam tape, potentially saving time and labor costs.
- Superior strength and water holdout protect HydroGap from damage during installation.
- Recommended for cladding
- 15-year product and labor warranty
The very first self-adhered WRB to incorporate a true drainage space, HydroGap® SA combines 1mm spacer technology with a fully-continuous, breathable acrylic adhesive.
- Unmatched air and moisture barrier
- With 96% efficiency, HydroGap® SA removes water twice as fast as flat housewraps.
- Adheres to OSB, CDX, plywood, and CMU without the use of a primer above 25 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Achieve 20-year warranty coverage with their full line of flashing accessories.
With vertical channels and three-dimensionality, Slicker® Classic provides a continuous space for drainage and drying, a thermal break and pressure equalization. There is no chance of any trapped moisture.
- Allows moisture to quickly drain before it damages sidewall materials.
- Protects wall assembly from mold and rot deterioration.
- Causes a lower chance of finishes peeling or blistering prematurely.
- Prevents damage from surface active agents separating the cladding from the water resistive barrier.
- Saves time and labor costs by eliminating the need for furring strips
- Recommended use: with wood siding
Use Cedar Breather® Ventilated Underlayment to protect the beauty and life of wood roofing through continuous airflow between the solid roof deck and shingles or shakes.
- Patented three dimensional design
- Installs without special tools
- Eliminates need for furring strips
- Quick and easy installation
- Eliminates excess moisture
- Prevents thermal cupping and warping
- Reduces potential rotting
- Durable performance
- Provides cushioning
- Great solution for metal roofing applications